You're tired, you're overworked, you're in need of a break and you've come to this blog post because you're looking for some self care ideas because you know that your mental health is on the line and you need to do something now. I get it!
One of the best things I started incorporating into my life was some "me" time.
If you’re like me, who has lived a long time as a busy parent who has a career, is running kids, managing the home, having “me” time seems non-existent.
We typically are putting others first the majority of the time because theres just so much that needs to get done.
Perhaps, you feel guilty about taking time for you when you've got a to do list that feels like it's a mile long.
I mean, shouldn’t you be spending time with your spouse, your children, working on housework or whatever needs done? I get that. It’s a struggle for many of us.
One thing I want to share with you and I hope that you find a way to do this to take your own “me” time because we all need time to rest and recharge. This is all part of bettering our mental health.
You need to know that life is unbelievably busy and might always will be. You're going to have to learn a few things to make this work though.
I know that you may feel like you can’t manage to carve a few minutes out of your day let alone a few hours or even a full day, but it is so important that you do.
And, I’m here to tell you that it’s okay to take time for you. YOU DESERVE IT!!!
So, you may be thinking…”How can I take time for me?”
Here are some things that I do and I schedule it into my day by learning to say NO! and to delegate tasks to others.
Now keep in mind, that like you, I may only have 5 or 10 minutes some days to myself and now that my children are grown and on their own, I think the days fly even faster. This time to myself has helped me become a better wife and mom.
I'm going to challenge you to take the following 30 Day Self Challenge starting today. Save the photo below or pin to pinterest so you can come back each day. You'll also want to add these into your Self Care Journal and Planner so that you can keep track of what you're doing for "me" time each day.
Disclaimer: Some links may be affiliate and I receive a small commission at no cost to you. I only promote products from people whom I trust or have purchased from in the past.
30 Day Self-Care Challenge
- Set a personal goal for the month
- Call or text a friend to catch up
- Journal about your thoughts and feelings
- Practice mindfulness while doing everyday tasks
- Create a vision board or list of personal goals
- Write a letter to your future self
- Practice deep breathing or meditation for 10 minutes
- Cook a healthy meal
- Set aside time for your favorite hobby
- Spend time with a pet or visit a local animal shelter
- Volunteer or perform a random act of kindness
- Set boundaries to protect your energy and time
- Write a list of 10 things that you’re grateful for
- Practice yoga or gentle stretching
- Give yourself a compliment
- Read a book or watch a movie that inspires you
- Treat yourself to a small indulgence
- Establish a morning routine that energizes you
- Take an outside walk
- Write a positive affirmation and repeat it throughout the day
- Unplug from technology for an hour
- Explore a new relaxation method, like progressive muscle relaxation
- Reflect on your accomplishments and growth
- Practice self-compassion and forgive yourself for your past mistakes
- Declutter a room or workspace
- Create a relaxing bedtime routine
- Listen to your favorite music or calming playlist
- Take a power nap or restorative break
- Connect with nature by getting outside and visiting and park, beach or forest
- Review your progress and celebrate your achievements
Now you have 30 Self Care Ideas For Better Mental Health. I'd love to hear how you're doing so please check in with me here or on one of my socials.
Fb biz: fb.com/laurakellypifer
FB GLV: fb.com/thegoodlifevibe.com
In this together,